Friday, September 2, 2011

Nola

Last weekend Rick surprised me with a birthday trip to one of my favorite cities, New Orleans! Good drinks, delicious food, and always a guaranteed fun time. If you haven't been to New Orleans before I definitely recommend it. It's one of those places that you know only need a few days at but there is something for everyone. A few of my favorite places that we visited:
We ate at the Palace Cafe..twice. Now that I think about it, the last time we visited Nola we ate there twice but with every meal being delicious, you can't beat it. My absolute favorite is the Eggs Benedict that is served at Sunday brunch. I don't even normally eat Eggs Benedict but with this: "Slow roasted pork “debris" set on a buttermilk-cheddar cheese biscuit, topped with a poached egg and tasso hollandaise sauce." How could you not?
You. Must. Try.
If you are a shopaholic as I am, you will love the French Market. They have tons of vendors and shops which makes this girl :)
Another one of my favorite places in New Orleans is Pat O'briens Piano Bar on Bourbon Street. Everyone has a great time singing along to the songs that everyone knows. So much fun!
Here is a picture of my love and I having a blast at Pat O'briens. Thank you for such a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! I haven't been to New Orleans in so long, but definitely want to revisit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, Ive been telling Billy I want to take alittle vacay there. So FUN

    ReplyDelete