Wednesday, July 20, 2011

It's Wednesday...Bridal Luncheon and Rehearsal Dinner..

I've decided to spread our wedding posts out (I could re-live it every single day) and start from the beginning. Since our wedding was at The Houstonian in Houston, many of our guests made a little vacation out of it and stayed at the hotel the entire weekend. What bride wouldn't want to have a "wedding weekend" right? On Friday morning the ladies headed to Ouisie's Table for brunch while the guys went to play golf. If you live in the Houston area and haven't been to Ouisie's, go now! The atmosphere is amazing and the food even better! My sweet grandmother gave this luncheon for me and it was a perfect start to the weekend!

How cute is this?! Jamie found the aprons and they were such a cute gift for the girls to take home with them.

Here I am with the hostess with the mostest, my grandmother T-mom. Love you T!

Love these ladies so much and I couldn't have done it without them.

My apron just happened to match my dress. I don't look excited do I??

My sweet Mom, Aunt Diana, and Aunt Tomigay. I am so blessed to be in the same family as these amazing women.

After a yummy brunch we all headed to the hotel to get checked in. Tomigay, Jamie, and I had discussed having a little "sus" for our guests who were staying at the hotel. Jamie told me about these adorable buckets and I knew they would be perfect. They drove all the way to the Bluebell factory in Brenham, Texas to get the buckets and then filled them with yummy snacks. My-oh-my did our guests love them!


For our rehearsal dinner we wanted it to be more casual since our wedding would be formal. What is better on a hot summer night in Texas than fajitas and margaritas? We also didn't want anyone to have to drive so we rented a big bus that would take everyone to and from Molina's Cantina.

Thank you to Jamie, Ashley, Mandell, and Katie for helping me create the centerpieces. Jamie found the lanterns on line that can easily be used in the future and I am in love with poms and they are so incredibly easy to make. If I say it's easy, you know it must be :)

Rick and I at Molina's - love you husband!

Margarita cupcakes! Another fabulous idea by Jamie (I told you - I couldn't have done it without her) and so easy. We just ordered the cupcakes and stuck the straws and limes in ourselves. Delicious and our guests loved them. Here are a few more of my favs from that night:




What a post! Hope you enjoy these - I love re-living the weekend and thinking about what a blast it all was. Stay tuned for next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment