I have a new favorite summer pasta salad recipe! I found it on this ADORABLE blog (which you can read too by clicking here) and wanted to give it a try. Not only is it delicious but it is also very easy to make, which we all know I'm a fan of. While I made the salad, Rick threw some chicken breasts on the grill and voila! Dinner is served.
Italian Market Pasta Salad
Ingredients:
4 ounces packaged dry mafalda, large bow tie, or campanelle pasta (I used whole wheat bow-tie pasta)
6 cups spring greens
1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes cut in half (I used a little more and you can add however much or little your heart desires)
1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola, blue, or feta cheese (Again, I used a little more feta which I know isn't making it any healthier but we love cheese in this house)
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons white wine vinegar or Balsamic vinegar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
1.Cook pasta according to directions. Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again.
2.In a large salad bowl, combine cooked pasta, spring greens, tomatoes, and cheese. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar, tossing to coat. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
3.Divide evenly among dinner guests. Sprinkle with pine nuts before serving.
Easy right? It is perfect for summer. Enjoy!
Yum! I thought this salad was really good! Did you use white vinegar or balsamic? I used white, but I think I'd like it better with the balsamic! We'll definitely add chicken next time!
ReplyDeleteIt was so good and thank you for sharing :) I used balsamic and it was delicious!
ReplyDelete