*Caution: This post is good for the soul, not for the thighs.
With extra free time since the wedding is over and it's summer, I've decided that I need to be cooking more. Cooking to me is a GREAT stress buster and I love that after a long day, my husband can come home to a hot meal (old fashioned maybe? But he deserves it!) Plus, I am a wife now and in the future I want to have plenty of yummy recipes memorized for our kiddos. For a registry present from Dillard's, we received this awesome cookbook that I have decided to work my way through:

As a little girl I can remember my mom always having a subscription to Southern Living Magazine. The older I got, the more interest I had in the always delicious-looking recipes. Now we all know comfort food is the absolute best but never the best for us. However, there are always little tweaks that can be done to the recipe to make it a little healthier. Emphasis on little. My first choice last night was the Chicken Tetrazzini. I will say it makes enough for a small army but it turned out great. I added a small side-salad and voila! Plus, Rick was excited to take leftovers to the office today for all of his co-workers to have lunch. Tonight I think I am going to try Taco Casserole as a makeover to our usual taco night. With dishes like Grilled Beer-Cheese Sandwich, Feta-Stuffed Tomatoes, Bread Pudding With Rum Sauce, etc. how could your mouth not be watering right now? I will let you know how all of the recipes turn out. We'll call it Trial Tuesday!
YUM! I don't have that cookbook yet, but just might have to get it!
ReplyDeleteYou should Jamie! You would love it :)
ReplyDelete