Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day and the Grammy's...

I hope everyone had a very Happy Valentine's Day! If you spent it with your significant other or with a family member or friend, I hope it was everything you had hoped. Rick and I knew we weren't going to do anything too crazy as we are on "wedding budget" and more than ever these pennies need to be pinched. I had asked Rick to give me ideas of what he might want/need for Valentine's but he is not nearly as eager as I am to throw these out. Finally the idea came to me! What is something he enjoys (and as an added bonus I love too ;) ) ? Sushi. Now if you're like us and could eat sushi almost every day (hey what other food can you eat massive amounts of and not feel too terribly guilty right?) that is the type of food that always comes to mind when we think of going out. Unfortunately, sushi is pricy and we haven't been able to go nearly as much as we used to but I couldn't resist. It was well worth it and I love treating him since he is always doing sweet things for me. I was also excited that he had been listening to my little hints that I had been giving about desperately needing Sugarland tickets when they play at the rodeo. I love them and have heard they are great in concert!

Speaking of music, was anyone else surprised about the Grammys this year? I am always listening to and downloading music but Arcade Fire? Esperanza Spalding? Have I been hiding under a rock? I was very shocked that Justin Bieber didn't win all of them. I thought he would win in categories that he wasn't even nominated because so many people love him. Yes I am 25 almost 26 years old and I listen to Justin Bieber - you can't argue that his songs aren't catchy! I was a big fan of the Cee Lo Green and Gwyneth performance minus the feathers. Gwyneth was working it and I thought they sounded great together.


I always love Katy Perry,Usher,and Lady Gaga (you never know what you'll get and that's why I love her) but the show stealer for me was Bruno Mars. I loved his old school rendition of "Grenade" and his voice gets me every time. I even downloaded the rest of his CD and it didn't disappoint. Who were you loves and hates of the Grammys?


No comments:

Post a Comment