It has been a while since I have written about the wedding and o.m.g. we are only 4 short weeks away!!! It's funny because at the most random times(driving in my car, walking through the grocery store,etc.) I will tell myself "Oh my goodness I am getting married!!" I guess I never came off cloud 9 from the engagement. While the last few weeks have included some wedding stress with various details, it is so exciting to see everything coming together and we are just so ready for the day to be here!
I'm not sure if the following is true for every bride but that is what I am telling myself. Before you get engaged (and I am speaking only for myself here) you have NO idea what all goes into planning a wedding. You don't know all of the details that you can add in or choose to forego. You simply won't know until you go through this and can experience it all for yourself. I have learned A LOT from this wedding. I have so much respect for all of you wedding coordinators out there or anyone that is in the business for that matter. It is a magical time but there is some stress that comes with it. However, the most important point to realize is that this is a once in a lifetime experience. Take it all in and enjoy it because you don't believe anyone when they say "It will be here in the blink of an eye!" They are telling you the truth.
Lastly, I want to give you readers a sneak peek. I collected photos (they will be your best friend throughout wedding planning) that I envisioned for my wedding. They may not be exactly what we have chosen but they start the thinking process. Here we go:
Peonies are my absolute favorite flower. From the very beginning I knew that I would have to have peonies be in my bouquet. While they are on the pricey side, they happen to be in season for our June wedding. Talk about meant to be. You may like a specific type of flower but it will definitely lower the cost if it is in season for your wedding.
Because Rick isn't a guy to say "I don't like these flowers or we must have these flowers!" (hehe) it was pretty much my choosing for flowers. Although he did make me promise that I wouldn't make him or the guys wear anything too big which I of course obliged.These are the colors I envisioned for our wedding. While we will throw in a darker color to soften the look, I love the bright orange and pink! You must have bright colors to go with summer!
While this one would obviously be too small for all of our guests, I love the simplicity of this cake. A big theme for our wedding has been classic with elegance. To me, this cake is certainly that. Plus it has peonies on it so you know it had my vote.
Lastly, I will definitely be wearing my hair up. Our wedding is not until 7 PM and I do not want to worry about my hair going flat or having to keep messing with it for that matter. This photo is courtesy of theknot.com and I think it is simply beautiful. It's not too much but has a little flair to it. So those are some of the ideas that have been incorporated into our wedding. Like I stated before, they may have been tweaked along the way but they have provided ideas. I can't wait to post after the big day and share pictures with you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment