Monday, November 22, 2010

Put down the gossip magazines..

I love the idea of being a "reader," however I have to admit that there are only a few books that can hold my interest. I am all about starting a book that has been recommended by my mom or a friend but frankly, if I see a People or U.S. Weekly, I will probably choose that first(don't judge). So to add to my early list of New Years resolutions I really do want to become a more avid reader. I can always spend time being on the computer looking at wedding websites or Facebook and while I enjoy it, I want to do other things.
While browsing in Anthropologie a few weeks ago, I came across a few books by Alexandra Stoddard. Ever heard of her? I have immediately fallen in love. The first one I am reading is called Choosing Happiness - Keys to a Joyful Life. I love that it talks about being in the present, appreciating even the habitual tasks, and really understanding that our happiness is a choice. I also love that on each page there are several quotes such as "We can go through our whole lives worrying about future happiness, and totally miss where true peace lives-right here, right now."-Peter Russell. Beautiful!


Now remember earlier how I explained that my new full name is Lindsey Wedding Waterworks? Well, don't forget to add Worrier in there. I worry often but I am learning that there are ways to avoid doing so. I am a firm believer in that there is always room for self-improvement. We only have one life, might as well make the most of it.
While I may be stepping away from the celebrity gossip, it is certainly not over. We have a lifetime love affair and nothing can break that. BUT it is definitely time for more books. I know there are so many good ones out there and I need to start experiencing them. My next one by Alexandra Stoddard will be Happiness For Two which is geared more towards couples and loving and living happy. I will let you know how the book turns out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment